At Watercon we have an absolute commitment to the health and safety of our personnel, subcontractors and clients.
To achieve this we will:
- Communicate Watercon’s Health and Safety Policy and procedures to all staff and sub-contractors to ensure that all parties are aware of their obligations.
- Comply fully with the OHS regulations and legislation, encourage all team members to adopt a safety culture both individually and collectively, and to implement safety practices as a part of all activities.
- Continually improve our safety and health performance through a collaborative review process with our people, subcontractors and clients.
Watercon has a Quality Management System and is currently working toward accreditation under AS/NZS ISO 9001
We provide our personnel with the training required to undertake their tasks safely and efficiently. Refresher training is carried out on a regular basis to ensure compliance with the current standards and legislation.
All our staff has completed the following:
- Safety Awareness Training (White Card)
- Water Corporation Contractor Induction
Other competencies include:
- NOHSC 7019 Mobile Plant Operation (Excavator)
- Confined Space Entry to Water Corporation WC-OSH 108
- Water Corporation Tagging and Isolation WC-OSH 109
- Crane Operation
- Forklift Operation